Depression can affect both men and women of all ages. Everyone has moments of sadness but generally these feelings are temporary and go away after a short period of time. When these feelings linger and begin interfering with your daily life you may be suffering from depression. Depression is a serious illness and most people may need treatment.
Signs & Symptoms
- Persistent sad or anxious feelings
- Feelings of hopelessness
- Feelings of guilt or helplessness
- Irritability, restlessness
- Loss of interest in activities you once found pleasurable
- Fatigue and decreased energy
- Difficulty concentrating
- Overeating or loss of appetite
- Thoughts of suicide
If you have experienced any of these symptoms, consider visiting with your doctor about treatments that might help you. You may also receive help through the City of Bryan’s Employee Assistance Program (EAP). Deer Oaks EAP provides assessments, guidance counseling, crisis intervention and more. You may contact them directly at 1-866-EAP-2400.